Oct 30, 2011

Aging paper

I love the look and texture of aged paper, but I can't get my hands on it often.
With my new adventures in "creative" journaling I decided to try to age some paper on my own.

It's pretty simple.
Brew some tea.  I just used what I had on hand which was some Tetley I think.

Spread your paper out on a cookie sheet (notice how "used" this poor pan is).
I didn't get a picture of the next step but I'll try to explain.
I spooned about 2 tsps of tea onto each sheet and spread it around so that all of the paper was coated with the tea.
I wasn't happy with the results so I tore open my tea back after I drained it and took a pinch of the grains and rubbed them into the paper focusing on the edges.

Turn the oven on a 200 and bake your paper.
I didn't time it, I just checked it after a few minutes.
When the paper is completely dry it's done.

Again, no pictures of this step but a burned the edges of my pages.  Not much, just enough to darken the edges and maybe round the corners a bit.

The finished result.

What do you think?

BWS tips button

2 comments:

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Such a great idea and I never think to do it myself!

c.w.frosting said...

Great idea to use the tea leaves! I'm sorry I didn't see this before I did a bunch of index cards for wedding save the dates. They definitely came out a lighter color.

-caroline @ c.w.frosting

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails